The primary objective of the State Code Committee is to review building code amendments as proposed by each of the state agencies to determine whether such amendments establish an appropriate minimum standard of safety, promote uniformity, and can be effectively enforced and administered at a local level.
- Collaborate with state agencies on code amendments.
- Coordinate with chair of CBSC’s coordinating council for code items on the CBSC hearing agenda.
- Collaborate with locate ICC Chapter code committees on State code recommendations.
- Provide recommendation to the CALBO Board of Directors on a process for coordinating and presenting California’s position on national code proposals.
- Create member resources, such as flow charts or links, of application of new code related items from the CBSC, State Agencies, or local jurisdictions.